Calling all Motorcycle Mamas!
Are you a seasoned motorcyclist who loves to be on the open road? Maybe you’ve been riding for years, or maybe you’ve just dreamed about it! I had never tried it until recently, and let me assure you, it’s a lot of fun (when done safely, of course)! A friend owns a Harley-Davidson and generously offered to let us borrow it. We took a short ride—with me on the back—around town. Zooming, with the wind blowing in my hair, was very exciting! I’d do it again in a heartbeat, and I’d love to go on an entire trip by motorcycle when time allows.
When I began researching motorcycle trips, I found the Best Western Ride Rewards program. Surprisingly, many hotel chains offer nothing for riders, but Best Western is committed to providing top-notch service! They first started their loyalty program in 2006 and it’s been expanded to include 1,200 of their properties in the U.S. and Canada, so you can go almost anywhere! When you join the free Ride Rewards program, you’re entitled to:
* 10 points for every qualifying room rate or 250 airline miles—your choice!
* Gold Elite status which offers 10 percent bonus points on every Best Western stay!
* Complimentary wipe-down towels and access to a cleaning station.
* Reserved parking spaces, bottled water, and lip balm (Select locations).
* Access to Harley-Davidson’s Ride Planner, which riders use to help map and plan rides. All of Best Western’s rider-friendly hotels are clearly marked along their scheduled route, making it easy to book the right room!
I wish I was going on my own motorcycle adventure now, but until I can make it a reality, I’m having fun living vicariously by looking at great updates of other riders trips. The most entertaining has been the Montana journey taken by Jason Fogelman. For three amazing days, Jason and his group got to travel through Big Sky Country, seeing Helena, Polson, Missoula, and many other great towns, plus, Glacier National Park. After long days on the road, it sure was a relief to have Best Western’s clean, safe, and comfortable rooms waiting for them.
As a seasoned rider, Jason has many great tips and pics from this trip and others that you can read about here. Don’t miss the articles on “Riding a Motorcycle in the City” and “Dealing with Fear” for practical advice. I also loved seeing his California trip (talk about making me envious).
Whether you’re a first-time rider, or a long-time enthusiast, there truly is no program that offers more perks than Best Western Ride Rewards.