Nothing tastes—or smells—as good as homemade bread, but who has time to bake every single day? (I sure don’t.) Because we enjoy having some type of bread served with dinner, I love the convenience of frozen rolls. On their own, they taste fine. With a brush of melted butter and some spices, they go from good to great.
Here are a few of my favorite combinations:
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Rosemary and Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning and Minced Garlic
- Sesame Seeds and Poppy Seeds
- Fresh Herb Blend (Thyme, Sage, Oregano)
- Lemon Pepper and Dill
Rolls taste best when eaten slightly warm—to me. I do know a few folks who prefer cold bread, and cream cheese can be a great topper for that instead of the melted butter.